- 80% of all patients over 65 have some form of periodontal disease?
- Scaling and root planning, a deep cleaning, is one of the most effective ways to treat gum disease before it becomes too sever.
- A growing body of research links periodontal disease to diabetes, heart disease, respiratory disease and preterm and low birth weight babies. It is found that when periodontal infections are treated, the management of diabetes markedly improves.
- It has been found that people with periodontal disease are almost twice as likely to suffer from coronary artery disease as those without.
- Pregnant woman who have periodontal disease may be seven times more likely to have a baby that is born too early and too small.
- Dental implants look and feel so natural, noone but you will know they aren’t your real teeth.